Last Updated: July 18, 2022
Humance connect people and strives for openness and freedom from prejudice. We strive to unite humanity and build a perfect world. The Humance community is based on trust. Much of earning that trust is about being clear about how we use your information and protecting your right to privacy.
Personal information that we collect
2.1 Information necessary to use the Humance Platform.
We collect personal information about you when you use the Humance Platform. Without this information, it may not be possible to provide certain services.
- Contact, Account and profile information. For example, first name, last name, email address, profile photo, and other information that Users provide when they create an account and in their profile settings. The specific information collected depends on the features used.
- Identity verification information and payment information. For example, images of state-issued ID (in accordance with applicable law, if necessary), identity card number or other information to verify identity, information about a bank account or payment account.
2.2 Information you provide to us on your own initiative.
You may provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
- Additional profile information. For example, gender, preferred language (or languages), country. Depending on your account settings, some of this information may be displayed on the public profile page.
- Other information. For example, when you fill out forms, add information to your account, participate in surveys, post comments, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer service and other Users, and share your experiences with us.
2.3 Information automatically collected when you use the Humance Platform and our Payment Services.
When you use the Humance Platform and Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information. This information may include:
- Usage statistics. For example, pages or content viewed, searches for Projects, payments to Projects, and other activities on the Humance Platform.
- Log data and device information. For example, information about your use of the Humance Platform (including whether you clicked on links to third-party applications), IP addresses, date and time of access, software and hardware information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and pages that you viewed or acted on before or after using the Humance Platform. We may collect this information even if you do not have a Humance account or are not logged in.
- Payment transaction information. For example, the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date, zip code, IBAN information, your address, and other payment transaction information.
2.4 Personal information we receive from third parties.
We collect personal information from other sources, including:
- Third Party Services. If you link the Humance Platform to a third party service (such as Google or Facebook) or log into your account through such a third party service, you authorize that service to send us information about your registration, friend list and profile in accordance with the privacy settings of that service.
- Other sources. To the extent permitted by law, we may receive additional information about you from third party service providers and/or partners, including references, demographic information and information that helps detect fraud and security, and we may combine that information with information we have about you. For example, as part of our risk assessment and fraud prevention activities, we may receive the results of a security check or fraud alert from identity verification services. We may receive information from our partners about you and your activities on and off the Humance Platform or about your interactions with various services.
How we use the information we collect
3.1 To operate, improve and develop the Humance Platform. We use personal information to:
- Provide you with access to the Humance Platform and to make and receive payments;
- Enable you to communicate with other Users;
- Conduct analytics, system debugging and research;
- Provide customer support;
- Send you technical messages, support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications;
- If you provide us with information about your contacts, such as your friends or other philanthropists, we may process it for the following purposes: (i) to facilitate referrals, (ii) to share project information and facilitate fundraising, (iii) to detect and prevent fraud, and (iv) to facilitate the processing of your requests or for any other purpose approved by you
- Personalize and customize your user experience based on your interaction with the Humance Platform, search query history, profile information and preferences, and other content you submit;
3.2 Ensuring security and mutual trust. We use personal information to:
- Identify and prevent fraud, spam, harassment, security incidents, and other malicious activity.
- Investigate and combat discrimination.
- Conduct security investigations and perform risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate the information you provide.
- Compare information with databases and other sources of information, including your background or police information.
- Comply with our legal obligations and protect your health and welfare.
- Resolve disputes with our Users.
- Enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Comply with the law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm and protect our rights (see section 4.5).
- Ensure compliance with the Humance Terms and Conditions and other policies.
- In connection with the actions described above, we may perform an analysis of your profile based on your interaction with the Humance Platform, profile information and other content you submit to Humance, and based on information from third parties. In some cases, if an action poses a risk to Humance, our community or third parties, access to the Humance Platform may be automatically restricted or suspended. If you do not agree with the automatic decision, contact us at [email protected].
3.3 Ensuring the operation, personalization, analysis and improvement of our advertising and marketing campaigns. We may use personal information to:
- Send you promotional messages, marketing and other information based on your preferences, and display ads on social media;
- Personalize, rate and improve ads;
- Manage referral programs, surveys, contests and other promotions or events sponsored or organized by Humance or Humance partners;
- Analyze parameters and preferences in order to send you advertising, marketing, promotional and other information that we think may be of interest to you;
- Invite you to events and let you know about other opportunities.
3.4 Provision of Payment Services. Personal information is used to allow third parties through the Payment Services:
- Identify and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, security incidents;
- Conduct security investigations and conduct risk assessments;
- Comply with legal requirements (including anti-money laundering regulations);
- Comply with payment processing terms and other payment policies;
- Send you advertising messages, marketing and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences;
- Provide and improve Payment Services.
Transmission and Disclosure of Information
4.1 Transmission with your consent or at your direction.
If you give consent, we share your information as described at the time you give consent, such as when you provide access to your Humance account to a third-party app or website or when you participate in promotional activities of Humance partners or third parties.
Where permitted by law, we may use certain information about you, anonymize it and share it on social media to generate leads, drive traffic to Humance or otherwise promote our products and services.
4.2 Transfers between Users.
To facilitate payment to the Project or interaction between Users, we may share certain information, for example:
- When a payment is made to the Project by a Philanthropist, the Organization may receive information about the Philanthropist, their country, the date such contribution was made, and the amount of the contribution. By transmitting this data, we provide the Organization with instant notification of new payments to the Organization's Project, as well as an opportunity to analyze the information received in order to improve the Project, and consequently the Philanthropist's user experience on the Humance Platform.
- Information about the Philanthropist is published on the Project page after a payment to the Project is made, including the amount of the payment, the date of the payment, the country, the Philanthropist's name and a photograph of the Philanthropist. If the Philanthropist does not wish to share this information on the Project page, he/she may set the corresponding "anonymous transfer" option when making the payment
4.3 The information you publish on profiles and Projects, and other public information.
We may display portions of your public profile and other Content that you make publicly available, such as details of the Projects, on third-party sites, platforms and applications.
Information that you publish on the Humance Platform may be indexed by third-party search engines. In some cases, you may prohibit such indexing in your account settings.
4.4 Service Providers for Organizations.
Organizations may use third-party services to manage or provide services to the Project. Organizations may use the functions of the Humance Platform to share information about the Project and Philanthropists with such third-party service providers.
4.5 Complying with the law, responding to legal requests, preventing harm and protecting our rights.
We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or government agencies, tax authorities, or third parties with appropriate rights, if required or permitted by law, and in cases where disclosure is necessary to: (i) comply with legal obligations, (ii) respond to a legally valid request or response to claims against Humance, (iii) a response to a legally valid request related to a criminal investigation of alleged or suspected illegal activity, as well as a response to any other actions that may give rise to legal or regulatory liability for us, you, or any other of our users, (iv) to enforce and enforce our agreement with Users, or (v) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Humance, Humance employees, Users, or members of the public. For example, the tax information of the Organization may be provided to the tax authorities or other government agencies, if it is permissible in the circumstances mentioned above.
Where appropriate, we may notify Users of legal requests unless: (i) notification is prohibited by applicable process, court order or applicable law, or (ii) we believe that notification would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of harm or injury to an individual or group of persons, or create or increase the risk of harm or fraud to Humance, our Users, or create a risk of obstruction of justice lawsuit against Humance.
If, in your jurisdiction, Humance assists Organizations in obtaining registration, notification, authorization, or license from a governmental authority or is required by local law, then we may share information about the Organization's data with the appropriate government authorities, both in the course of obtaining registration, notices, permits or licenses, and periodically after receiving it, including transferring the full name of the Organization, information about the beneficiaries and the manager, contact information, legal address, taxpayer number, information about the Project and the funds received.
4.6 Information about Entities provided to Humance for Business customers.
If making a payment to a Project is for promotional integration and (1) is made by a Philanthropist affiliated with the Company, then in order to properly execute the Humance agreement with the Company and provide services, we have the right to share information related to the Project and the Organization with the Company (such as the name of the manager of the Organization and those involved in the Project, their contact information, Project address, legal address of the Organization, dates of the Project, information about the Project, etc.). At the request of the Company or Philanthropist, we can also provide this information to third parties engaged by the Company to provide additional services.
4.8 Service Providers.
We share personal information with affiliated and non-affiliated service providers to help us do business, including service providers who help us (i) perform background checks and policing, fraud prevention and risk assessment, (ii) develop, maintain and debug products, (iii) provide Humance Services through third party platforms and software (such as through integration with our APIs), (v) provide customer service, advertising and payment, (vi) process and oo These third party vendors are contractually obligated to protect your personal information and may have access to your personal information to perform those activities.
4.9 Transfer of Business.
In order to operate, integrate, promote and improve the Humance Platform, Payment Services and services of our affiliates, we may share your personal information within our group of companies with common ownership or control.
Other Important Information
5.1 Third Party Partners and Integrations.
The Humance Platform may contain links to third party services that are not owned or controlled by Humance. Use of these services is governed by the privacy policies of their providers. These third parties are not owned or controlled by Humance. When you interact with them, you provide your information to those parties.
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section in accordance with applicable law. Please note that we may ask you to confirm your identity and request before completing your request.
6.1 Managing Your Information.
You can access and change your personal information through your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
6.2 Access to and transfer of information
In some jurisdictions, you may by law request certain copies of your personal information or information about how we process your personal information, request copies of the personal information provided in a standard, structured and machine-readable form and/or request that this information be transferred to another service provider (where technically possible).
6.3 Data Deletion
In some jurisdictions, you may request the deletion of your personal information. Please note that in the case of such a request to delete personal information, the following rules apply:
- We have the right to retain your personal information as necessary to pursue our legitimate business interests, including preventing money laundering, combating fraud and enhancing security. For example, when a Humance Account is blocked for fraudulent activity or for security reasons, we may retain information from that Account to prevent a User from re-registering to the Humance Platform in the future.
- We have the right to retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Information you have shared (e.g., comments or Projects) will remain publicly available on the Humance Platform even after your Humance Account is deleted. Some copies of your information (e.g., journal entries) will remain in our database without identification.
- Because we take measures to protect against accidental or intentional corruption or loss of data, backup copies of your personally identifiable information will be deleted with some delay
While it is impossible to guarantee complete security, we continuously take and enforce administrative, technical, and physical security measures to prevent unauthorized access, destruction, or substitution of your personal information.